Fun Facts and Health Benefits of Spinach
- Just a half a cup of raw spinach counts as 1 of the 5 servings of fruits and vegetables you should eat a day.
- Spinach can reduce hunger and cravings.
- Spinach is a member of the goose-foot family making it a relative of beets and chard.
- In the 1930’s, the U.S. spinach growers credit Popeye with a 33% increase in domestic spinach consumption.
- Spinach can make workouts easier.
- The spinach growing city Texas, Crystal City, erected a statue of Popeye in 1937.
- Spinach leaves are a mild diuretic and mild laxative.
- China is the world’s largest spinach producer with 85% of global production.
- California produces 74% of the fresh spinach grown in the United States.
- Spinach may prevent cancer.
Always talk to your doctor about your particular situation!
Class Schedule for Week of 1/22/2017
1/24/2017 @ 5:00 pm
1/25/2017 @ 2:00 pm
HeartSaver CPR / AED
1/25/2017 @ 6:00 pm
1/27/2017 @ 10:00 am
1/27/2017 @ 2:00 pm
BLS Provider Skills Session
1/27/2017 @ 4:00 pm
ACLS Skills Session
1/28/2017 @ 9:00 am
We also offer onsite training. Please call us today to schedule!
Chris – 239-292-4225
Class Schedule is subject to change.
Please call if you have any questions!