Fun Facts and Health Benefits of Garlic
- Garlic is a plant in the allium (onion) family.
- It is very nutritious and has very few calories.
- Garlic can combat sickness including the common cold.
- Garlic supplementation is known to boost the function of the immune system.
- The average length of cold symptoms was also reduced by 70%, from 5 days in placebo to just 1.5 days in the garlic group.
- The active compounds in garlic can reduce blood pressure.
- Garlic improves cholesterol levels, which may lower the risk of heart disease.
- Garlic can lower total and LDL cholesterol.
- Garlic may help you live longer.
- Athletic performance can be improved with garlic supplementation.
- Eating garlic can help detoxify heavy metals in the body.
- Garlic may improve bone health.
Always talk to your doctor about your particular situation!