Same Day Certification!
Fun Facts About Blood
- 8 percent of your body weight is blood
- coconut water can be used in emergencies as a substitute for blood plasma
- pregnant women have 50% more blood by week 20 of pregnancy than they did before they conceived
- one pint of blood donated can save up to 3 lives
- someone in the U.S. needs blood every 2 seconds
- a newborn baby has about 1 cup of blood in his body
- it would take 1,200,000 mosquitoes, each sucking once, to completely drain the average human of blood
- there are 100,00 miles of blood vessels in an adult human body
- a red blood cell can make a complete circuit of your body in 30 seconds
- our bodies contain 0.2 milligrams of gold, most of it in our blood
- mosquitoes prefer blood type “O” to any other
- white blood cells make up about 1% of your blood
- about 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed everyday in the U.S.
- nearly 7,000 units of platelets and 10,000 units of plasma are needed daily in the U.S.
- the average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints
- the blood type most requested by hospitals is type “O”
- a single car accident victim can require as much as 100 pints of blood