Heart Fun Facts
Heart Fun Facts
- The more education you have, the lower the risk for heart disease.
- A normal heart valve is about the size of a half dollar.
- The first heart pacemakers plugged into a wall socket.
- Happiness and a strong sense of emotional vitality helps lower your risk of heart disease.
- The number of heart attacks peaks on Christmas Day, followed by December 26th and New Year’s.
- The first heart cell starts to beat as early as 4 weeks.
- The first “study” showing benefits of a vegetarian diet appears in Bible’s Book of Daniel (600 BCE).
- The blue whale has the largest heart — weighing over 1,500 pounds.
- Modesty prompted the invention of the stethoscope. Before it existed, doctors had to press their ears directly to each patient’s chest.
- Heart disease has been found in 3000-year-old mummies.
- Your heart is about the size of your two hands clasped together.
- It beats 100,000 times per day.
- Regular exercise is the single most important key to heart health. And it is FREE!
- Heart disease is your greatest health threat (and is a greater danger than breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men).
- The beating sound is the clap of valve leaflets opening and closing.
- Each minute your heart pumps 1.5 gallons of blood.
- Your heart is a coordinated machine. The right side pumps blood into your lungs, while the left side pumps it back into your body.
- Celebrities who’ve had open heart surgery in recent years include David Letterman, Bill Clinton, Robin Williams, Barbara Walters, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Regis Philbiin.
- You control your heart health through diet, exercise and managing stress.
- Heart cancer is very rare, because heart cells stop dividing early in life.
We hope that you have enjoyed these heart fun facts.
Please contact CPR works, LLC for your CPR for all your training needs. We also offer onsite training for your convenience.
We offer CPR training including BLS and HeartSaver CPR / AED. We also offer first aid, bloodborne pathogens and ACLS. Please let us know how we can help you!