Facts about the Heart
According to the American Heart Association, heart disease is the #1 leading cause of death in the United States.
- Every 25 seconds an American will have a coronary event.
- Every 30 seconds someone dies from heart disease and stroke.
- Each year, an estimated 785,000 Americans will have their first heart attack.
- Each year, and estimated 470,000 Americans will have ANOTHER heart attack.
- Lowering your blood pressure may decrease your risk of stroke and heart disease by about 50%.
- 1 of every 3 deaths in the United States is caused by heart disease and stroke.